h1

bubble top

May 5, 2008

Halfway through, I thought that this project was going to be a disaster. I can’t explain why, really, it just looked…wrong. It seemed too short and too wide — or, bubbly, I should say. Think Halloween pumpkin costume and you’ll know what I mean. But in the end, it all came together and looks pretty darned good, if I do say so myself! I’ll be making more of these for the hot months ahead!

I used Simplicity pattern 3882 and my material is a fun floral jersey knit I got at Fashionfabricsclub.com.

Advertisements

4 comments

  1. ooh! well done you. pleating and everything! it’s beautiful. xx


  2. I came here via “lower your presser foot” blog. You have a lovely blog and I will add you to my favorites. I hope you don’t mind.


  3. I just found you via Sewable. I really like your blog and your wonderful creations. Just lovely. I will save you as a favourite as well.


  4. […] (*groan*). So, I dug into my fabric stash and found the same printed jersey knit that I used for my bubble top. Then, I picked a pattern from my (mostly untouched) vintage collection and got to work. The […]



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: